HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
Provides for the effective hiring of staff and the efficient processing of HR systems and payroll in support of staff.
- Responsible for the full cycle of recruiting of both non-exempt and exempt positions within the organization. Sources, screens, arranges for interviews conducts background checks, insures accurate job descriptions are provided to candidates and extends written offers of employment within the guidelines provided.
- Creates new hire packets and on-boards all new hires; coordinates with the IT department on the creation of log-ins and equipment necessary for position, establishes login for HRMIS and payroll.
- Prepares benefits packets, distributes to staff based on eligibility, follows-up on enrollment and process deductions in payroll. Maintains ACA reporting requirements.
- Prepares and processes biweekly payroll. Coordinates with Time managers on timely and accurate time cards, insures deductions, garnishments and expense reimbursements are properly and timely processed. Maintains employee data in Paycom to ensure accurate information for the processing of reports.
- Supervises the Receptionist/HR Assistant and can provide back-up for the position as needed.
- Approves invoices for related services and other duties as may be assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years recruiting experience utilizing internet based systems and proven success at cost effective strategies.
- 3-5 years accurately processing payroll using an internet based system. Paycom experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential personnel matters, excellent judgement and decision makingskills ability to conduct all transaction in ethical, transparent manner.
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software and internet use.
- Professional demeanor and presentation a must.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in related filed. HR certification a plus.
- Ability to Provide Employment Eligibility Verification.
- Complete a background screen and drug test.
- Provide annual evidence of tuberculosis test.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- High level of concentration and attention to detail for extended periods of time required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals in the organization at all levels, outside providers and consultants.
- Ability to quickly organize and communicate thoughts and to understand communications from others.
- Complex reading and writing skills with the ability to read, proof, and analyze complex documents.
- Ability to see, hear, and talk clearly in order to receive instruction and to give instructions to others.
- Ability to work independently, with others, around other, have verbal contact with others, face-to-face contact with others and prioritize work and make decisions.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is sedentary work in an office setting. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, walk, stoop, talk, hear, reach above and below shoulders; use hand and finger dexterity, keyboarding and making and receiving telephone calls. The employee may be required on occasion to lift and or carry up to 20 lbs.
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line, or mail to New Directions for Veterans, P.O. Box 25536 11420 Santa Monica Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90025, Attention: Human Resources. No phone calls, please.