LINE COOK & FOOD SERVICE WORKER
Responsible for maintaining to a high standard of safety, cleanliness, & efficiency in the food service department.
- Responsible for food preparation & serving residents 3 meals a day depending on shift.
- Deliver food to additional building(s) & handle breakdowns & ensure ServSafe Standard of cleaning.
- Sweep, mop & ensure overall kitchen sanitation based on ServSafe Compliance & state regulations.
- Deliver & pick up donations as needed.
- Duties will include dish-washing, food prep, & cooking.
- Other duties as assigned
- 1 year experience working in a restaurant or institutional kitchen setting
- Knowledge of quality food & safety standards & ability to build new skills & adsorb new information.
- Knowledge of health & safety codes & basic sanitation requirements.
- Food Handlers Certificate
- Basic Math Skills & ability to read instructions & computer documents.
- Physical agility to lift up to 50 pounds to shoulder height; & to bend, to stoop, to walk on uneven terrain, to climb ladders.
- Ability to reach overhead, above the shoulders & horizontally, to store & retrieve food, kitchen equipment & supplies.
- Ability to stand and walk short distances most of the working day; stoop, reach for, & lift supplies & equipment; moderate exposure to hot/cold temperatures; exposure to chemicals used in cleaning, sanitizing & pest control; hazards include cuts from utensil, burns from hot food & equipment as well as falls due to wet floors; ability to lift 50 pounds.
Education & Experience:
- Possess a valid California Driver’s License & evidence of insurance coverage.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Employee are subject wet floors, hot surfaces, odors & other conditions associated with food preparation, throughout the workday & subject to exposure to wastes, & other unpleasant conditions, etc. Must meet all local health regulations & pass employment physical exam. Works beyond normal hours, on weekends & holidays, when necessary.
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line, or mail to New Directions for Veterans, P.O. Box 25536 11420 Santa Monica Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90025, Attention: Human Resources. No phone calls, please.