Program Assistant, GPD
The GPD Program Assistant Aid maintains office operations of the program providing for the efficient delivery of Program Administrative Services.
- Supports the Program assistant and Program Manager in maintaining Program compliance by observing all funding agency rules and regulations in accordance with New Directions policies and procedures.
- Collects, administers and maintains database statistical information to generate accurate and up to date reports on program including utilization of HMIS.
- Answer incoming calls and inquiries.
- Assist with coordinating events for the residents.
- Organize resident mail and packages and disperse them to the appropriate parties (I.e Case Manager mailbox)
- Assists program staff in locating community resources, fielding cold calls, obtaining referrals, and client transfers to sub grantees to ensure continuity of care and case management.
- Assist with the completion of documentation and the administration of files and ensures the confidentiality of all records and related documents.
- Attend staff trainings and department meetings as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Ability to effectively solve problems and carry out responsibilities under general supervision.
- Possess excellent organization skill, initiative and follow through.
- Be detail oriented, able to set priorities, meet deadlines, maintain a professional attitude, conduct and appearance at all times.
- Proficient in office software including: Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet use. Experience with HMIS is a plus.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- The employee may be in contact with individuals and families in crisis who may be ill, using alcohol and drugs, and who may not be attentive to basic personal hygiene, health and safety practices. The employee may experience a number of unpleasant sensory demands associated with the client’s use of alcohol and drugs, and lack of personal hygiene. The employee must be ready to respond quickly and effectively to many types of situations, including crisis situations and potentially hostile situations.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate in an office setting. Sometimes work may become stressful when working under pressure.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is sedentary work in an office setting. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, walk, stoop, talk, hear, reach above and below shoulders; use hand and finger dexterity, keyboarding and making and receiving telephone calls. The employee may be required on occasion to lift and or carry up to 20 lbs.
- Occasionally the employee will be required to perform work out of the office meeting clients at apartment buildings or other facilities.
- in this position you will be in contact with individuals in crisis who may be ill, using alcohol and drugs, have mental or physical illness, and who may not be attentive to basic personal hygiene, health and/or safety practices.
- Ability to communicate effectively using all methods of communication with individuals in the organization at all levels, outside agencies, partner organizations and consultants.
- Ability to quickly organize and communicate thoughts and to understand communications from others.
- Ability to see, hear, and talk clearly in order to receive instruction and to give instructions to others.
- Ability to work independently, with others, around other, have verbal contact with others, face-to-face contact with others and prioritize work and make decisions.
- This is active work in a field or at clients’ residence.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, walk, stoop, talk, hear, reach above and below shoulders; use hand and finger dexterity, keyboarding and making and receiving telephone calls.
- The employee may be required on occasion to lift and or carry up to 25 lbs.
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line, or mail to New Directions for Veterans, P.O. Box 25536 11420 Santa Monica Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90025, Attention: Human Resources. No phone calls, please.