EL MONTE VETERANS VILLAGE
New Directions partnered with Mercy Housing to open El Monte Veterans Village on March 13, of 2014.
El Monte Veterans Village contains 40 VASH units (studios) open to chronically homeless veterans in SPA 3.
Each unit is furnished and equipped with full kitchen and balcony or patio and property boasts spacious indoor and outdoor community spaces, computer room, and multimedia room.
Property Management, Resident Service Coordinators, and VASH case management are located onsite.
Resident Services Include but are not limited to:
- Case Management
- Health & Wellness Classes
- Green Living
- Financial Education/Assistance
- Housing Retention
- Linkage to VA and Non-VA Medical and Mental Health Resources
- Linkage to In-Home Health Benefits
- Substance Abuse Support
- Life Skills Groups
- Community Building Activities
- Benefits Assistance and Advocacy
- Legal Benefits and Advocacy
- Technical Skills Group
- Education Assistance
- Employment Services
- Peer Advocacy
- Transportation Planning and Assistance
- Social and Recreational Activities
- Volunteer Opportunities
Location: 11240 Ramona Blvd., El Monte, CA 91731