Location: 3553 Beswick Street, Los Angeles, CA 90023
Located in the heart of East Los Angeles, New Directions partnered with ELACC to open Guy Gabaldon Senior Apartments in September of 2014 in SPA 4.
Guy Gabaldon Senior Apartments contains 32 VASH 1 bedroom units for chronically homeless veterans over the age of 55.
Each unit is furnished and equipped with full kitchen and the property features an inviting indoor/outdoor community space and edible garden.
Property Management, Resident Service Coordinators, and VASH case management are located onsite.
Resident Services Include but are not limited to:
- Case Management
- Health & Wellness Classes
- Green Living
- Financial Education/Assistance
- Housing Retention
- Linkage to VA and Non-VA Medical and Mental Health Resources
- Linkage to In-Home Health Benefits
- Substance Abuse Support
- Life Skills Groups
- Community Building Activities
- Benefits Assistance and Advocacy
- Legal Benefits and Advocacy
- Technical Skills Group
- Education Assistance
- Employment Services
- Peer Advocacy
- Transportation Planning and Assistance
- Social and Recreational Activities
- Volunteer Opportunities